VerusGaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is this game like Fallout?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FoxMcC

Is this game like Fallout? Empty
PostSubject: Is this game like Fallout?   Is this game like Fallout? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:20 pm

I always here people comparing this game to Fallout, and since I LOVE fallout I was thinking about getting this game. So what are the similarities and differences?
Back to top Go down
acediamondex

acediamondex

PostSubject: Re: Is this game like Fallout?   Is this game like Fallout? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:27 pm

I have never played Fallout so I can't compare it to that, however, whenever I try to explain this game to people I tell them it's a First Person Diablo with guns. Easiest way to explain it. Do missions, level ur character, and look for the best stuff.
Back to top Go down
Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician

PostSubject: Re: Is this game like Fallout?   Is this game like Fallout? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Well, they are very similar, but also very different. My brother and I both enjoy Borderlands very much, and he loves fallout 3 and New Vegas as well but I can't stand them. Borderlands is a very quick pace run and gun kind of game (in most cases) where as Fallout is a little bit slower and has that automated aiming sytem (forget what its called). You obviously know what fallout is like so I will just describe how borderlands works a little bit.

Borderlands:
Supports Run and gun play style, but also sniping as well

Instead of different stats you only have proficiencies which improve your ability with each gun (these improve over time naturally rather than through selection)

Has skills, most are passive and one main action skill, but of course alter your play style

Has four different classes which have different skills

Supports multiplayer playing which is one of the best aspects of the game

No lockpicking or decoding things, you have an action command but the extent of that is "Open" and its done fairly quickly, there is no loading between opening each and every door, only between large areas.

There is very little (emphasis on very) going around gathering clues about past events or history. Borderlands has less storyline then gameplay so if your looking for storyline its best too look somewhere else.

There are massive amounts of guns, since it has a random weapon generator that can piece together almost any combination with different stats.

Can sometimes seem repetive since most missions are to kill a certain objective or to gather enough of a certain item, but that is standard in most games. If you enjoy leveling and improving your gear/stats as much as possible then you will enjoy this game. Thats why it is often compared to Diablo is because the main objective of that after beating the main storyline is to level up and improve your gear as much as possible. (Although that is more of a dungeon crawl with swords and armor and borderlands is much more open with guns as previously described).

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this game like Fallout?   Is this game like Fallout? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this game like Fallout?
Page 1 of 1